Donate Eggs in San Francisco Bay Area
Egg donation is fairly simple and extremely rewarding. About 99% of our donors choose to donate more than once.
- 20 to 28 years of age. (It should be at least 6 months before your 29th birthday.)
- Residing in San Francisco or within one to two hours' drive of San Francisco.
- Healthy with a healthy family history.
- Knowledge of medical history of siblings, parents, aunts, uncles, and grandparents.
- If you, or either of your parents are adopted, you cannot be a donor.
- Mature, responsible and conscientious
- Have a flexible schedule that allows for several clinic visits.
- There will be one or two screening appointments before the cycle
- There will be 4 to 5 monitoring visits during the cycle.
- The screening appointments are flexible, but the monitoring appointments must be in the morning.
- You must be available every morning (until 10 or 11 a.m.) for the week before retrieval.
- You cannot be using the implant, Depo injections, or the hormonal IUD (Mirena) as your birth control.
- The non-hormonal IUD (Paragard), birth control pills or condoms are forms of birth control that are compatible with egg donation.
Steps to Becoming an Egg Donor
- On-line application.
- Personality Questionnaire
- Meeting. (These were in person prior to Covid and currently are done remotely).
- Placement in the donor pool.
- Matching with a recipient couple. This can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 years, with the average being 6 to 9 months.
- Psychological Evaluation- Approximately one hour.
- Contact with the egg donor coordinator at the couple's fertility clinic. We work only with established fertility clinics with excellent reputations and skilled clinicians.
- Medical screening--Physical exam, blood draw, genetic testing, and ultrasound.
- 10 to 12 days of injectable medications
- Retrieval procedure
- Payment of $10,000 plus travel and any other incidental expenses. For subsequent donations you will be paid $10,500 plus expenses. Most donors choose to donate multiple times.
Go to Donation Procedure to read the details of the medical procedure.